Thursday, February 11, 2010

Who's That Tripping Over My Bridge

By: Coleen Salley
Illustrated by: Amy Jackson Dixon
Published by: Pelican Publishing Company


Ages: 4-8
Pages: 32


Just north of Baton Rouge lived 3 billy goats named Gruff. They wanted to climb the hills to eat the grass to make them fat. But first they had to cross Thompson creek, which was filled with quicksand. So they had to cross the bridge. Under the bridge lived an ugly troll who gobbled up everything that passed over the bridge. When the first goat went across the troll caught him and yelled at him. She tells him she is going to eat him up but the littlist billy goat tells her to wait for his brother to cross, because he is much fatter. And she lets him cross. This happens to the second billy goat too. And when the third billy goat crosses the bridge, the troll tells him she is going to eat him up, but the biggest billy goat kills the troll instead.


I recommend this book to: Someone who isn't afraid of trolls! : ) This troll is creepy!


Possible conflicts/ problems? The end is a little violent, I am not sure I would want my child reading that.


My reaction: I am not a big fan, I didn't really like it, I didn't like the illustrations much. I don't think I would recommend this book. I give it 2 stars **

No comments:

Post a Comment