Thursday, February 11, 2010

Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon

By: Patty Lovell
Illustrated by: David Catrow
Published by: G.P Putnam's and Sons

Ages: 4-8
Pages: 32 pages
Molly is a short little girl, the shortest in her class. But her grandma tells her to stand tall anyway. So she does. Molly has buck teeth, but her grandma tells her to smile anyway. So she does. Molly has a horrible singing voice, but her grandma tells her to sing anyway. So she does. One day Molly's family moves away from her grandma to a new school. The kids at her new school tease her for all her flaws, but she takes her grandma's advice and is herself. And she was accepted at her new school eventually!


Who I would recommend this to: Someone with low self esteem, or anyone who wants to smile.


Possible conflicts/problems: none that I saw


My reaction: I loved this book, I think it has a great message for kids of all ages, even for me. It tells that it is okay to be yourself! I give this book 5 stars *****

No comments:

Post a Comment