Thursday, February 11, 2010

Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother?

By: Eric Carle
Published by: Harpercollins Publishers

Pages: 32 pages
Ages: 4-8
This book is a fun book, with lots of colorful illustrations. It goes through asking if different animals have mothers like we do. for example, Does a lion have a mother? Yes they do. Then it shows a fun picture of a baby lion with their mother. It goes through a list of animals like dolphins, cats, kangaroos, sheep, bears, elephants and monkeys. And they ALL have mothers, just like us! In the end it says, "All animals have mothers who love them, just like your mom loves you."


Who would I recommend this to: Preschoolers, or young readers.

Possible conflicts/problems? I didn't find any.

My reaction: I enjoyed reading this book, I thought the moral of this story was cute, and I loved the pictures. I give this book 4 stars. ****

No comments:

Post a Comment