Thursday, February 11, 2010

Silly Billy

By: Anthony Browne
Published by: Candlewick Press

Pages: 32 pages
Ages: 4-8

Billy is a worrier. He worries about hats, shoes, clouds, rain, birds. Anything, you name it.. he is scared of it. His parents kept telling him not to worry, and they will protect him. One night, he stayed at his grandma's house, and he couldn't sleep because he was so worried. He wakes up his grandma, and she gives him little worry dolls to put under his pillow to do the worrying for him. Billy slept like a dog that night. And the next night and the next. But then one night, Billy began to worry again. All of the worries he had given to the dolls, it didn't seem fair. So the next day he made worry dolls for the worry dolls, and he slept great that night and every night after.

Who would I recommend this to? Some child who tends to worry a lot!

Possible conflicts/problems? I don't see any


My reaction: I thought this was a fun book! I didn't know there was such things as worry dolls! I give this book 3 stars ***

No comments:

Post a Comment