Thursday, February 11, 2010

George Washington

By: Barbara Knox
Published by: Pebble Books

Pages: 24
Ages: 9-12

George Washington was born in born in Virgina in 1732. He grew up on a farm. He started working as a surveyor when he was 16. In 1759, he married. And moved to live on Mount Vernon. He led the revolutionary war in 1775. He became the first president of the United States. He dies in 1799 and we will remember him as "The Father of His Country."

Who would I recommend this book to: Anyone who wants to learn more about George Washington, it's just the basics, but good knowledge to know.

Possible conflicts/problems? I didn't find any.

My reaction: I love George Washington through and through. If he was my age ( and alive) I would hope to marry him! So I loved reading this book, I am a nerd.. .I know! I give it 4 stars ****

No comments:

Post a Comment