Thursday, February 11, 2010

Moo Who?

By: Margie Palatini
Illustrated by: Keith Graves
Published by: Katherine Tegan Books- (Harpercollins)

Ages: 4-8
Pages: 40



There is a cow, named Hilda, she is a horrible singer; usually off key. She was in the middle of a song when a cow pie hit her in the head. It knocked her out cold! When she woke up, she had lost her moo. She looked for it everywhere, but she found honks. She tried to see if she was a duck, but she wasn't. She found a peep, but she wasn't a chicken either. She tried to moo, but it just seemed so wrong. She continued to look to see what sound she should be making, but none seemed right. In the end she finds her moo again, and realizes she is a cow.


Who I would recommend this book to? Younger children, about kindergarten age.


Possible conflicts/problems? I didn't find any, this is a sweet innocent book.


My reaction: I enjoyed this book, it was better than I thought it was going to be. I especially like her name, Hilda Mae Heifer. I give this book 4 stars! ****

No comments:

Post a Comment