Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Over Land and Sea- A Story of International Adoption

By: Steven Layne
Illustrated by: Jan Bower
Published by: Pelican Publishing Company

Pages: 32
Ages: 4-8



This book is a cute story to adopted children about how their parents fell in love, and couldn't have a child so they travelled far to look for one to add to the family. It explains to an internationally adopted child that they are loved as much as biological children, and how much their parents went through to bring them into their family.

Who I would recommend it to: An adopted child and their families.

Possible conflicts/problems? I don't see any.

My reaction: I loved this cute book, the pictures were great, the theme was great. It hit home to me because my brither was adopted, and we love him like he isn't any different than the rest of us. I give this book 4 stars ****

No comments:

Post a Comment