Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coral Snakes- Amazing Snakes

By: Ted O'Hare
Published by: Rourke Publishing LLC

Pages: 24

Coral Snakes are reptiles. There are more than 70 species of coral snakes. They all have venom. They live in North, Central, and South America. They are normally about 2 feet long. Coral snakes rely on their smell to find their prey. The venom of the snake paralyzes the prey and then it swallows it whole. In the summer mother snakes lay 6-10 eggs. After about 2 months the eggs hatch, and as soon as they are born they can kill prey and defend for themselves.

Ages: 4-8

I would recommend this book to: Some one who is interested in snakes or wild life.

Possible conflicts or problems: Some words are difficult for a young child to understand, I think they needed more explanation.

My reaction: I learned a lot about coral snakes from reading this book. I quite liked it. I give it 4 stars ****

No comments:

Post a Comment