Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

By: Judi Barrett
Illustrations by: Ron Barrett
Published by: Aladdin Paperbacks


Pages: 32
Ages 4-9



The grandpa in the story tells his granchildren a bedtime story of a land called Chewandswallow. In the land of Chewandswallow, no one buys food at the supermarket, everything falls from the sky. It would "rain" food three times a day, and whatever fell from the sky, the people would eat. They would often take leftovers home to put in the fridge to eat later. The sanatation dept. had to clean up after each meal. One day, everything started gettign out of control, food continually feel from the sky, and was damaging homes and hurting people. So the townspeople used bread and leftovers to make boats and float to a new place where it rained rain and snowed snow. They found it odd that they had to buy their food, but they were happy!



Possible conflicts/problems? People could get depressed after reading this book, because they might wish their food fell from the sky too.



Who I would recommend this to? Little kids, with a vivid imagination.



My reaction: This book disturbed me, I would hate for food to just fall from the sky, and what happens if I don't like the food that falls that day, would I just go hungry? I give his book 3 stars ***

No comments:

Post a Comment