Thursday, February 11, 2010

Diary of a Spider

By: Doreen Cronin
Illustrated by: Harry Bliss
Published By: Joanna Colter Books

Pages: 40
Ages: 4-8


This book is a diary of a little spider. Her grampa comes to school and teaches the little spider students that spiders aren't insects, and butterflies taste better with a little barbecue sauce. She learns how to fly using her silk string; it takes a lot of practice. Another day, they have a vacuum cleaner drill, and they will continue to practice. Another day, he molts from his skin because his mom says he is getting too big. His friend Worm thinks that is gross. His grampa travel across the ocean, this made the spider so excited to hear about his travels. Spider expresses his concern that he wishes all spiders weren't judged because of those few spiders who DO bite.


Who I would recommend this to? People/kids who are afraid of spiders. Or who like kill them!


Possible problems/conflicts? I don't see any. Maybe for people who get really creeped out by spiders! :)


My Reaction: I loved this book, I was chuckling aloud the whole time I was reading it. People in the library were for sure laughing at me :) I give it 5 stars *****

No comments:

Post a Comment