Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Brother Dan's Delicious




By: Steven Layne

Illustrations by: Chuck Galey

Published by: Pelican Publishing Company

Pages: 32
Ages: 4-8


A little boy named Joesph came home to find no one there, and a note on the front door from his parents saying they were out for coffee, and his brother would be home from the movies shortly. At first he was so excited to be alone at home. But then he got thinking, what if the monsters know he is alone. He starts looking around the house, and he begins to picture monsters everywhere waiting to eat him, and he plans on telling them that his older brother Dan will taste better if they just wait for him. The more he wonders around the house, the more scared he becomes. Then just when he thinks a monster is about to attack, it turns out to be his brother Dan to save the day.

Who would I recommend this to? I would recommend it to kids who are NOT afraid of monsters.

Possible problems/conflicts? This book talks about a silly way to keep the monster from eating you, but I think it would have scared me as a kid, I was terrified to stay alone.

My reaction: Cute book , surprisingly large words though. I give it 3 stars ***






























No comments:

Post a Comment