Sunday, April 4, 2010

Muggie Maggie

By: Beverly Cleary
Published by: HarperCollins
Ages: 9-12
Pages:96

This is a story about a girl named Maggie, she refuses to learn how to write cursive. And despite her parents, teachers, and friend's desperate effort, Maggie remained stubborn. Her teacher got the idea of making her the class messanger, she knew that Maggie would have a hard time not snooping in the letters, but there was one problem they were all in cursive. The notes in cursive were about Maggie, and she knew that much because she could read her name. Eventually she learns how to read cursive, against her own will, and the teacher congratulates her.

Who I would recommend this to: Probably 3rd graders, this is the grade that most kids learn cursive.

Possible Problems/conflicts? None that I can find.

My reaction: I didn't really like this book, I thought the plot was boring, and I just wanted it to end. 2 stars **

No comments:

Post a Comment